History of Oregon Newspapers/Sports then and Now

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Janessa
댓글 0건 조회 27회 작성일 24-10-19 12:20

본문

The rush stroke is absolutely essential to good play, as it enables croquet to be taken (e.g.) close to the required hoop, whereas to croquet into position from a great distance and also provide a ball for use after running the hoop is extremely difficult, often impossible. For fear of the Police they agreed to depose to the very little they had seen and a good deal they had not seen. I've told you he was an awful Beast-old even for a subaltern; but then he'd joined the Army late, and had knocked about the world a good deal. But all the other fellows in the Mess say I'm the only man who can handle a pen decently; and that I must, for their credit, tell the world exactly how it came about. In the case of rowing there seem to be dangers ahead, and perhaps in the world of football also.

In the great series of test matches, both here and in Australia, during the last ten years there have been Stoddart, Maclaren, Ranjitsinhji, and Jackson, as there have been Shrewsbury, Hayward, Tyldesley, and Gunn, the amateurs perhaps having a shade the better of it. This can hardly be termed a St Andrews ghost story, but it is so remarkably strange and weird that I have been specially requested to add it to the series, and there is an allusion to St Andrews in it after all. All this was in the hearing of the tea-planter, but he did not feel that there was any necessity of correcting his servant. He entered, hat in hand, murmuring that he was very sorry to intrude, and then related the whole of the affair as he had heard from his servant. On the other hand, there is noted in the same issue, an interview with N. J. Morgan dealing with his visit to sport celebrities in San Francisco. Mr. Perkins looked at him with his dark, bright eyes, and if there was a twinkle in them poor Sighs never saw it.

HE came to us from Naogong, somewhere in central India; and as soon as we saw him we all voted him a Beast. He was called "Tick" in Naogong, because he was never out of debt; but that didn't make us think him a Beast. Same with billiards; same with riding; same with the banjo: he could really make the banjo talk-better even than Banjo Browne at Kasauli you know; same with tennis. Other than these don't forget to check out amazing pool, pickle ball, tennis and bocce ball courts. A first-class player should, however, be able to make a break with 3 balls almost as easily as with 4. A useful device, especially in a losing game, is to get rid of the opponent’s advanced ball if a "rover" (i.e. one which has run all the hoops and is for the winning peg) by croqueting it in such a way that it hits the peg and is thus out of the game. I can't make out the bell," said my host, "or what on earth can make it ring so. And to make everything more beastly, he used to pretend at first that he couldn't do anything. The First Information drawn up, What is a billiards club the D. S. P. said to his Daroga-"You must arrest the culprits this very evening. Don't let them out on bail during the night." He then bade good night to the tea-planter and left.

Before, you set up your pool and billiard hall, endeavor to identify good franchise opportunities that can elevate your business to the desired level. It’s this set of individual who on most occasions fails to embark on intensive research and further acquire relevant information before starting a billiard and hall business. He was a firm disbeliever in all of them, and belonged to a Phantasmalogical Research Society to inquire into and expose all such things. There may safely be holes of great length to call forth the utmost strength of the youth to reach in two strokes; there may be others where, however you play them, it is impossible to reach the hole without a skilful loft. I have remarked before that to the golfer as he gets older there are compensating advantages to set off against the diminished power and length of the long strokes of the tee, and through the green. I must have it removed.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.